Q3 2018 INDIA SOLAR QUARTERLY MARKET UPDATE – Solar Installations in India Totaled 1,589 MW in Q3 2018
Call for Price
The cumulative solar installed capacity totaled 26 GW at the end of Q3 2018.
India’s solar installations have reached 6.6 GW year-to-date with large-scale projects making up 5,382 MW and rooftop installations accounting for 1,240 MW.
Solar installations in India in Q3 2018 witnessed a slight decline with 1,589 MW, a 4 percent decrease compared to 1,659 MW installed in Q2 2018. Installations were also down about 30 percent year-over-year (YoY) compared to 2,278 MW installed in Q3 2017.
Rooftop installations in Q3 2018 accounted for 435 MW, which was a 5 percent increase from 415 MW installed in Q2 2018 and a 64 percent increase compared to 265 MW installed in Q3 2017.
In Q3 2018, large-scale solar projects accounted for 73 percent and rooftop solar accounted for the other 27 percent.
Cumulative solar installed capacity totaled 26 GW at the end of Q3 2018 with large-scale solar projects accounting for 89 percent and rooftop solar making up the remaining 11 percent.
Mercom India Research is forecasting solar installations of approximately 8 GW in calendar year (CY) 2018.
Contact Mercom for pricing: email@example.com or call us at 011-91-802-356-0436.
https://mercomindia.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/UtsavSinha.jpg Utsav Sinha, a senior research analyst covering cleantech markets and has been with Mercom since 2015. Utsav is also an online editor at MercomIndia.com and ensures overall content quality for the site. Utsav earned his bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Dhaneswar Rath Institute of Engineering and Management Studies (DRIEMS) at Biju Patnaik University of Technology, Odisha. More articles from Utsav.