Mercom India Solar Open Access Market Report Q2 2022
Open access solar installations totaled 513 MW in the first quarter (Q1) 2022.
Open access solar installations in India totaled 680 MW installed in the second quarter (Q2) 2022 of the calendar year 2022, an 18% increase quarter-over-quarter (QoQ) compared to 575 MW installed in Q1 2022. Year-over-year (YoY) installations increased 223% compared with 210 MW in Q2 2021, according to the newly released Mercom India Solar Open Access Market Report Q2 2022.
In the first half (1H) 2022, India added 1.3 GW of open access solar, a 97% increase compared to 638 MW installed in 1H 2021, the second-highest recorded first half of any year.
As of June 2022, cumulative installed solar capacity in the open access market was over 6.5 GW. The top five states accounted for over 73% of the country’s cumulative open access solar installations.
The development pipeline of open access solar projects in the country was about 2.8 GW as of Q2 2022.
Increased focus on renewable purchase obligation (RPO) compliance and RE100 goals by commercial & industrial (C&I) companies drove up installations. Module supply concerns post-Approved List of Module Manufacturers’ (ALMM) imposition increased developer’s urgency to add to open access capacity despite a 40% Basic Customs Duty (BCD) on module and components, noted the report.
According to the report, the Green Term Ahead Market witnessed a 39% decrease in volumes traded through January, February, and March 2022. February had the highest traded volume, whereas March realized the highest market-clearing price during the quarter.
A detailed analysis of the solar open access business overview, retail electricity tariff, and open access charges and costs for seventeen states has been covered in the report, with Assam being the latest addition.
The average PPA prices, net landed costs, and open access policies and regulations released in Q2 2022 are featured in the report.
The report also highlights the views and opinions of the top open access installers across the country during the quarter.
Key Highlights from Mercom India Research’s India Solar Open Access Market Report Q2 2022
- Solar open access installations in 1H 2022 totaled 1.3 GW, an increase of 97% compared to 1H 2021
- India added 680 MW of solar open access capacity in Q2 2022, an 18% QoQ increase and a 223% YoY increase
- As of June 2022, the total installed solar capacity in the open access segment was over 6.5 GW
- About 2.8 GW of projects are under development and pre-construction phase in the pipeline
- The top five states contributed to 91% of open access solar installations in Q2 2022
- The highest solar capacity added during the quarter under open access was in Karnataka
- Karnataka has the largest pipeline of open access solar projects in various stages of development
Contact Mercom for pricing: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +91-80-41211148.