Full-Time, Part-Time and Freelance Business Reporters with a focus on Renewable Energy
Mercom Communications India is looking for bright, talented and dynamic and reliable business reporters looking forward to being part of a dynamic news portal focused on Clean Energy and Power sectors. The ideal candidate will be expected to write, edit and proofread articles, blog posts and press releases on renewable energy topics and market trends. This is a great opportunity to be part of the best clean energy focused news website in India.
He or she should be a team player and will coordinate on a daily basis with Mercom research team. You will be responsible for breaking news and covering important stories in the renewable energy sector quickly and accurately. You will report on companies of all sizes, government policies and technologies, contributing multiple stories a day, all written with the right tone. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years writing experience, have a passion for renewable energy, and is excited to be part of the new and dynamic sector that is India’s renewable energy growth story.
Write and publish multiple pieces on a daily basis, ranging from quick 400-word items to in-depth multi-page pieces, covering breaking news and current events
Develop stories along with supporting images to be published in our news-based website and weekly newsletter/reports
Develop fresh angles and offer new insights for readers
Report news on tight deadlines, which includes making calls, asking tough questions, and aggressively pursuing a story when needed
Call on various government agencies to get the appropriate information and news
Stay on top of all the news events coming out of the sector and be able to follow-up on it
This position is based in New Delhi and the reporter must work remotely with our team based in Bangalore on a daily basis.
- Must have superior writing and editing skills coupled with the demonstrated ability to present information concisely and clearly at an appropriate level of sophistication.
- Must have strong interview skills, with an ability to extract relevant information about technical and complex topics and turn it into accessible written content.
- Must be able to analyze data, news and trends, and curate concise articles that are easy to understand.
- Ability to initiate, curate new content and run with new ideas.
- Internet savvy and have the ability to carry out qualitative online research
- Experience in writing financial, technical articles, American-style English writing is a plus.
Journalistic and reporting background necessary
- Must have basic photography skills
- Knowledge and familiarity with online publishing tools and HTML a plus
- The candidate should have an eagerness to learn and adapt to new situations and different environments.
- Must be able to travel occasionally anywhere in India.
- He or she should be innovative and have the ability to bring new perspective to the table.
- Should be a voracious reader of news to be specific.
- Must be strong in ethical values and social conduct.
- Must be an excellent fact checker and should have the ability to verify all the news items from various sources
- Must be proactive and able to work independently.
- Must be organized, able to meet deadlines and juggle various tasks while at the same time maintaining a high level of attention to detail and sustaining overall quality.
- Must be creative, flexible and willing to do what it takes to deliver the finished product.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to apply:
Submit your resume via e-mail to email@example.com
Also, submit a cover letter stating in detail why you would be a good fit for this position. Send writing samples and your resume highlighting your experience. This position is a full-time position based in New Delhi. We will contact candidates. DO NOT CALL US.
Research Associate – Bangalore
We are looking for a Research Assistant to join our market intelligence division! The person hired for this position will research renewable energy and power related sectors, markets, products, competitors and government regulations globally. He or she will build databases and prepare reports on research topics, which are then distributed to thousands of readers worldwide. Previous research experience desired.
This position has unlimited potential for growth and is ideal for someone who is looking for a career as a research analyst in a reputable firm. Candidate should be willing and able to make a substantial contribution to our organization. This position will develop a tremendous amount of experience in both the Indian and Global markets in Renewable Energy.
We are located at Sheshadripuram in Bangalore, India. Only candidates looking for a solid career in research with a passion for Clean Energy should apply.
– Bachelor degree in Commerce or Science, BBA, BE, MBA, MA in Economics
– Over 3 years of research experience required – Experience in Clean Energy and related sectors is a requirement – Associate must work full time from our offices
– Quick and enthusiastic learner
– Team member who can work harmoniously with others
– Hardworking and honest in performing any duties assigned
– Microsoft office, good knowledge of excel
– Knowledge in finance, funding, M&A a plus
– Technology background a plus
– Must be detailed oriented
– Must demonstrate ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure and meet deadlines
– Researching the web for relevant information
How to Apply:
Mercom believes its people are its greatest asset and are always looking for quality people to be part of our dynamic team. Please submit your resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org