The Central Electronics Limited (CEL), a public-sector enterprise of the government of India, is on the lookout for solar inverter suppliers in the state of Maharashtra.
CEL has issued a tender for the supply of 100 MW of grid-tied central solar inverters with all the necessary accessories along with five years on-site warranty and another five years of maintenance service.
The bid-submission deadline is May 15, 2018. A pre-bid meeting will be held on May 2, 2018. The maintenance period will begin on the date of operational acceptance of the inverters.
90 percent of the payment will be made to the successful supplier within 45 days of supply of the components and the remaining 10 percent of the payment will be made within 30 days of successful commissioning of the inverters.
The successful supplier will be paid maintenance cost based on the price bid for maintenance services for five years after the conclusion of the initial maintenance contract of five years. CEL has specified that maintenance cost should not be less than 10 percent of the price bid quoted by the suppliers.
After completion of each year, 20 percent of the maintenance cost will be released to the supplier consecutively for five years.
CEL has specified that Goods and Services Tax (GST) will not be considered in evaluating the lowest (L1) price. If there are two bidders; L1 and L2 then the capacity will be awarded in a 60:40 ratio; if there are three bidders; L1, L2, L3 then the capacity will be awarded in a 60:25:15 ratio.
The participants in this tender must quote average price per watt and provide output ratings of the inverters. The basic prices of the inverters will be average price of inverter multiplied by the inverter capacity.
The on-site delivery of the inverters must be complete within 90 days of issuance of letter of clearance.
Previously, Mercom reported that CEL was on the lookout for engineering procurement construction (EPC) contractors to develop 12 MW of grid-connected solar photovoltaic (PV) projects in Maharashtra.
Image credit: By Claus Ableiter [CC BY-SA 3.0], via Wikimedia Commons
Saumy is a senior staff reporter with MercomIndia.com covering business and energy news since 2016. Prior to Mercom, Saumy was a copy editor at Thomson Reuters. Saumy earned his Bachelors Degree in Journalism & Mass Communication from the Manipal Institute of Communication at Manipal University. More articles from Saumy Prateek.