Mercom India Solar Open Access Market Report Q3 2021
Open access solar installations totaled 307 MW in the third quarter (Q3) of 2021.
Open access solar installations in India totaled 307 MW in the third quarter (Q3) of 2021, an 85% year-over-year (YoY) increase compared to 166 MW in the same period last year. During 9M 2021, nearly 935 MW of open access solar capacity was installed, marking an increase of 143% compared to 385 MW during 9M 2020.
The pipeline of solar open access projects under development and pre-construction is estimated to be 1.1 GW.
The new report has expanded coverage to include two new markets: Uttarakhand and Punjab. As of September 2021, the cumulative installed solar capacity in the open access market was 4.8 GW.
Open access installations picked up in the second half of the year after the second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic. However, the report said that the pace slowed because of the rise in raw materials prices and the hike in goods and services tax (GST).
Karnataka led the way in cumulative installations, with Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, and Maharashtra making up the top five.
The report also gives an insight into the short-term transactions, such as the day-ahead market (DAM), bilateral contracts, real-time market (RTM), and the green-term ahead market (GTAM) within the open access space.
And much more …
Key Highlights from Mercom India Research’s India Solar open Access Market Report Q3 2021:
- In Q3 2021, India added 307 MW of solar open access capacity, a 47% increase compared to 209 MW in Q2 2021
- The installations were up by 85% YoY compared to 166 MW installed in Q3 2020
- During 9M 2021, 935 MW of open access solar was installed, a 143% increase compared to 385 MW installed during 9M 2020
- As of September 2021, the cumulative installed solar capacity in the open access market was 4.8 GW
- In Q3 2021, 35% of the installations were in Uttar Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu was the second largest state in terms of open access installations in Q3 2021, followed by Maharashtra, Gujarat, and Karnataka
- As of September 2021, the top five states accounted for 72% of the country’s total open access solar installations
Contact Mercom for pricing: email@example.com or call us at +91-80-41211148.