Mercom India Solar Open Access Market Report Q2 2021
Open access solar installations totaled 209 MW in the second quarter (Q2) of 2021.
Open access solar installations in India totaled 209 MW in the second quarter (Q2) of 2021, a 664% year-over-year (YoY) growth compared with 27 MW installed in Q2 2020. Cumulative solar installations in the open access market have now surpassed 4.5 GWs as of June 2021.
The pipeline of open access solar projects under development and pre-construction is estimated to be about over 1 GW.
The new report has expanded coverage to include two new markets: Chhattisgarh and Odisha. The report covers the current policies related to the open access market, amendments, price trends, and emerging business models.
The top states for solar open access installations have been analyzed based on the solar open access project (captive/ group-captive/ third-party) installations, DISCOM ratings, retail power tariff (industrial and commercial customers) structure, open access charges, and costs.
Installations in the first half of 2021 totaled about 628 MW, a 12-fold (1,230%) growth compared to 47 MW installed in 1H 2020. In the first half of 2021, Uttar Pradesh had the highest number of installations in the solar open access segment, followed by Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu.
As of June 30, 2021, Karnataka is the largest market for solar open access cumulatively, followed by Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, and Tamil Nadu. The top five states account for approximately 73% of India’s total solar open access market.
The report also provides insight into short-term transactions such as day-ahead market (DAM), bilateral contracts, and real-time market (RTM) within the open access segment. It compares the top five states based on the electricity sold and purchased through each model.
And much more …
Key Highlights from Mercom India Research’s India Solar Open Access Market Report Q2 2021
- In Q2 2021, India added 209 MW of open access solar capacity, a 50% quarter-over-quarter (QoQ) decline compared to the 419 MW installed in Q1 2021.
- The installations were up 664% YoY compared to the 27 MW installed in Q2 2020.
- In 1H 2021, India added about 628 MW of open access solar, a 12-fold (1,230%) growth compared to 47 MW installed in 1H 2020.
- As of June 2021, the cumulative installed capacity in the open access market was 4.5 GW.
- In Q2 2021, most open access solar projects were installed in Uttar Pradesh, accounting for about 51% of this quarter’s total installations.
- Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra, and Tamil Nadu were other top states this quarter.
- Textile and manufacturing industries are the largest consumers of short-term open access power.
Contact Mercom for pricing: email@example.com or call us at +91-80-41211148.