The Central Electronics Limited (CEL) has floated a tender for 5 MW of multicrystalline solar modules for several substations in Maharashtra.
The modules must be rated for a minimum of 335 W with 72 cells and should have a positive power tolerance. They are also to be grouped and rated based on their output into two categories – 335 Wp and 335-339.99 W. The modules must have at least five bus bars.
The scope of the work includes the design, manufacturing, assembly, testing, and supply of the solar modules. Interested bidders are expected to pay an earnest money deposit (EMD) of ₹1 million (~$13,978). The last date for the submission of bids is January 13, 2020.
To be eligible to take part in the competitive bidding process, bidders are expected to be original PV module manufacturers with an installed automated line facility for manufacturing at least 30 MW annually.
They must also have successfully manufactured and supplied multi or monocrystalline solar modules ranging between 325 W, and 350 W. Bidders are also expected to have a cumulative turnover of ₹90 million (~$1.26 million) in the last three financial years.
The efficiency of the modules must be at least 16%, and their fill factor must be over 75%. The modules must also be warranted for output wattage, and it should not be less than 90% at the end of 10 years and 80% at the end of 25 years.
The tender’s payment terms state that 85% of the total payment would be made within 30 days of receipt of the supplier’s invoice at CEL, and the remaining 15% would be made within 90 days of receipt of the invoice.
Recently, the CEL invited bids for 44 MW of solar generating systems ranging from 250 kW to 10 MW at various substations located in the state of Maharashtra. The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) had issued an advisory asking state governments to utilize the space near substations and prioritize the construction of solar projects based on the availability of land near substations or transmission system.
Earlier, Mercom reported that CEL announced a tender for the supply of one million multicrystalline solar cells on a fixed price basis. According to the tender, the solar cells were expected to be five bus bar cells with an efficiency of 19.4%.
Nithin Thomas is a staff reporter at Mercom India. Previously with Reuters News, he has covered oil, metals and agricultural commodity markets across global markets. He has also covered refinery and pipeline explosions, oil and gas leaks, Atlantic region hurricane developments, and other natural disasters. Nithin holds a Masters Degree in Applied Economics from Christ University, Bangalore and a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce from Loyola College, Chennai. More articles from Nithin.